SATCO Members receive the E-Auditions newsletter in their inbox every Friday
"Cabaret" at The Vex
Sheldon Vexler Theatre
|Audition/Workshop starts on: 01/20/2019 and Runs Through: 01/21/2019|
Sunday, 1/20 and Monday, 1/21 starting at 7:00pm. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
|Production/Performance Dates: |
- Show Dates: May 4 – June 2, 2019
- Performance times: Thursdays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 8:00pm, Sunday matinees at 2:30pm. (Tentative evening performance on one Sunday.)
- Call times are 90 minutes before curtain.
- Regular rehearsals will begin in late March 2019 with a few possible meetings before then.
- A typical Vex rehearsal schedule is Monday through Thursday, 7pm-10pm. Fridays and earlier weekends will be added if needed due to conflicts.
- The final two weeks and weekends of rehearsals leading up to the 05/04/19 opening will be busy and all actors are expected to be available.
- Actors will be expected to be predominantly “off-book” in early April.
How to Audition
- Read the details about the rehearsal and production schedule.
- Email the Vex at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an audition appointment.
- All auditioners must prepare a dramatic monologue of your choice, not to exceed one minute.
- All auditioners must prepare a section of one song of your choice: Please make sure that section includes "a verse & a chorus" or "verse & a bridge." The more dynamic the range/contrast between the two sections, the better! Please bring cut and prepared sheet music for the accompanist.
- If you are interested in being considered for a character that is involved in formal choreography and dance numbers, please plan to attend the Dance Audition.
- Dance Auditions will be held at 9:00pm each day by appointment only.
- Actors interested in the roles of the Emcee, the Kit Kat Dancers (male & female,) Sally Bowles, and a few other supporting roles must attend the Dance Audition.
- Actors interested in the roles of Fraulein Schneider, Herr Schultz, and a few other supporting roles are not required to participate the Dance Audition.
- In your email request for an audition appointment, please indicate whether you also plan to attend the Dance Audition.
- Final Note: Some supporting roles will be involved in dance numbers based on the abilities and strengths of the final cast. Some actors may end up playing multiple roles, of which, some will dance and some will not.
- Playwrights: Masteroff, Kander & Ebb
- Directed by: Ken Frazier
- Music Direction: Jaime Ramirez
- Choreography: Desiree Lambert
- All roles are open and will be cast as volunteer positions.
LOCATION: The Sheldon Vexler Theatre at 12500 N.W. Military Highway, San Antonio, Texas, 78231 The Vex is located on the lower level of the building; follow posted signs to the theatre.
Weinberg Campus JCC, 12500 N.W. Military Highway, San Antonio, Texas, 78231|
|Our Website: www.vexler.org|
|Contact/More Information: email@example.com|