Hello, fellow thespians!
Do you find SATCO's E-Auditions and Playbill useful? SATCO provides this free service to communicate information about opportunities in our theater community and to help advertise current productions. Membership in SATCO comes with other benefits like discounted ticket prices at our member theaters. Coming up, we have a YouTube channel that will feature local production video clips, interviews, and more. We've reduced our annual individual membership from $25 to $10 this year hoping this lower cost - just 83 cents a month! - will increase our overall participation in 2017 and beyond. Let's come together in this effort to shine a light on live theater in San Antonio and put more butts in seats!
Join SATCO today!!
SATCO Members receive the E-Auditions newsletter in their inbox every Friday
Assistant Technical Director
The Magik Theatre
|Audition/Workshop starts on: 04/12/2017 and Runs Through: 04/28/2017|
|Times: The Assistant Technical Director position is a temporary contract for the remainder of the current theatrical season, with the possibility of a future staff position.|
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Technical Director/Shop Foreman position is a temporary contract for the remainder of the current theatrical season, with the possibility of a future staff position. The Assistant Technical Director will work closely with the Technical Director in order to produce scenery for 6 mainstage productions, 2 seasonal productions, 4 touring productions, as well as several special events and showcases throughout the year. This individual will help to schedule and supervise Scene Shop Staff, and will also work with the Technical Director to develop build and equipment maintenance schedules. The Assistant Technical Director may be asked to design elements for a production or act as a control board operator for performances of a show.
- Read, interpret, and troubleshoot design drawings.
- Create and manage technical build drawings.
- Assist in construction, installation, and strike of all sets and restoration of facilities post-event.
- Assist in creating and maintaining build schedules for all productions and scheduled events.
- Work with the Technical Director to direct and supervise Scene Shop Staff.
- Assist with hiring and training part time and contract labor.
- Work with Technical Director to troubleshoot and maintain scenic, electrical, and audio equipment within the theater.
- May act as scenic, lighting, or sound designer for a production.
- May act as a control board operator for a production or scheduled special event.
- May act as Technical Director and liaison for Education showcases.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in scenic construction or a related field.
- A degree in technical theatre or an additional 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Supervisory experience in a scene shop environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures in a scene shop environment and industry best practices.
- Significant high level of professional experience in scenery construction techniques.
- Demonstrable expertise in two or more of the following areas: carpentry, welding, scenic painting, electrics, audio, properties design and construction, and/or rigging.
420 South Alamo Street, San Antonio, Texas, 78205|
|Our Website: www.magiktheatre.org|
|Contact/More Information: TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.|