SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Director of Audience Services is responsible for all customer service and sales including subscription, single ticket, group sales, tour sales, sales and registration for all camps and classes, special events, and birthday parties. Director is responsible for training and managing all box office and front of house staff as well as recruiting and coordinating voluntees. The Director of Audience Services must be expert at using ticketing software such as Tessitura, Total Info, or Altru. He/she is responsible for accounting of all sales transactions and ensuring the security of money exchanged.
- Manages ticketing database system, including administration of system, set-up of all events, training staff, creating revenue and attendance reports, and exporting data for all departments based on needed criteria
- Tracks and monitors ticket sales trends/subscription trends in order to plan effective strategies for future subscription and sales campaigns
- Develops and oversees customer sales path, ensuring that all incoming customers, whether walk-ups, calls, emails, or online sales, are served promptly and professionally
- Oversees all areas of sales and customer service, including the creation of box office, sales, and front of house procedures and the training and managing of box office and front of house staff
- Oversees concession and merchandise operations, including the ordering and procurement of supplies, tracking inventory, the handling of cash, and reporting of revenue.
- Develops, maintains, and tracks departmental budget
- Submits Magik performance and production information for ATAC awards and facilitates judge scheduling and ticketing
- Schedules and contracts special audience services, including Sensory Friendly, ASL Interpretation and Audio Description
- Oversees group sales, birthday party bookings, and tour reservations
- Manages the supply of programs for performances.
- Processes gift certificates, both paid and donate
- Develops, promotes, and maintains volunteer opportunities within organization, including an intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers. Orients and trains volunteers. Maintains volunteer database
- Five years’ experience in audience services
- Experience in database management (Tessitura, Total Info, or Blackbaud’s Altru a plus)
- Great customer service and managerial skills
- Weekend availability
PAY: $32,000-$42,000 per year, based on experience.